My 10 Top Fitness Tips For Lazy Girls
Instagram is deceiving. You post your best pictures, your best angles, your best selfie (number 35 out of 210) and 9 times out of 10 your dinner is never Instagram worthy. I don’t want to get into the right and wrongs of this, but my point is that my Instagram account makes it look like I’m a dedicated workout junkie. My account is supposed to be inspirational and motivational (hopefully) so of course I’m not going to post photos of me in my PJ’s eating ice cream outta the tub! The reality is, some days I can not be f*cked going to the gym. I just wanna lay in bed and look at photos of my cat or other people’s cats. Buttttt I can’t be that bad. Because week in, week out, I move my butt out of bed and end up in the gym. I’ve managed to do this for the past 10 months! Basically a miracle for lazy girls everywhere! So without further ado, here are my top 10 tips to get your butt out of your jammies and into your activewear:
1. Buy cute activewear. I’m always excited to workout when I have new activewear, you can read this post about some of my favourite brands and you don’t have to spend a fortune to feel great!
2. Lay out your activewear out the night before so that’s it’s the first thing you see when you wake up. Even include your socks and water bottle to make it easier for you. We want no excuses, and sometimes running out of clean socks can be enough of an excuse!
3. Come up with a weekly schedule. This doesn’t have to be super detailed or anything. I usually make mine up on Sunday nights as any fitness buff will tell you, never miss a Monday! Planning all your workouts before the week starts makes the whole process less daunting, more doable and who the hell doesn’t like a good list!
4. Find an accountability partner. I met my workout buddy Sophie through Instagram and even though we are in separate cities, she manages to inspire and motivate me daily! Even just knowing that she already did her workout today gives me the motivation to get mine done too!
5. Focus on the feeling you get AFTER your workout. I’m definitely one of those people that is whinging and whining getting dressed, whinging and whining throughout my workout and then is basically on top of the world after my workout. So think of that feeling that you know you’ll have after your workout. You never regret a workout.
6. Build a progress photo album and let your own progress be your own motivation. I use the app Frame Swagg to create comparison photos to see how far I’ve come. Haven’t started yet? Jump on @kayla_itsines Instagram page and be inspired by all the amazing transformation photos she shares.
7. Have a delicious go-to post-gym workout meal. I always have the same thing every morning and I’m still not sick of it! When I was a little kid I would jump out of bed at 6am for Coco Pops, and now all I want is my protein shake. I use frozen banana, coffee, Women’s Best Whey Protein Powder and rolled oats with almond milk or water.
8. Do it for the Insta fans man. It definitely helps having a following on Instagram to keep me on track. Lot’s of other women in the BBG community create Instagram accounts to keep themselves accountable, and it’s so good being surrounding by other women who are on the same journey as you. If you haven’t already, search Instagram for #bbgcommunity to connect with thousands of other women just like you.
9. Keep a journal of your progress. It might be photos, but it can also be how much stronger and fitter you are. It was a pretty big moment for me when I was able to do 3 push-ups in a row and it took me 7 months to get there, but seeing your strength progress like that is pretty incredible.
10. I don’t want to sound like a Nike campaign, but #justdoit! The minutes you lie in bed thinking about working out could be spent working out, and the sooner you get it done the sooner it’s over! Stop thinking of all the reasons why you shouldn’t workout today (and trust me, there’s plenty) and only listen to one voice: MOVE YOUR ASS.
Lace up and go!